BAY PRESBYTERIAN PRESCHOOL
Developing a love for God, school, themselves, and others
- We are a non-profit school that began in 1964 that serves both church members and area residents.
- Our program offers classes for three, four and five year olds and is based on The Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning Content Standards. We have a “learning through play” philosophy that ensures all children enter kindergarten ready for success.
- We stress the development of the whole child, focusing on all areas of development: physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social.
- Our school would hope to be a supplement and complement to the experiences a child has at home, and that our philosophy reinforces God’s unconditional love.
- To make a successful separation from home.
- To learn the concept of “school and teacher.”
- To learn to trust and have confidence in the people around him/her.
- To build a good relationship with each family, and to expand and complement the child’s experiences at home.
- To gain in self-control, respect for others, acceptance of responsibility, and appropriate social interaction through play and small group activities.
- To learn through school experiences that God cares for them and others.
- To experience joy and happiness as we help others through ministry projects.
- To display what it means to be a child of God: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- To experience curiosity and creativity throughout the school day.
- To develop a positive self-image, and to learn he/she is a worthwhile individual.
- To grow in both fine motor and large motor development.
- To grow in academic preparation through literature, writing, science, math, social studies, music, and art (objectives follow The Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning Content Standards).